What’s the best thing to give a mum who’s had a c-section?
I’ve got several friends who’ve had caesareans recently but I know absolutely nothing about them, other than that it’s major abdominal surgery, you can’t drive for six weeks afterwards and you’re not supposed to have a bath for a while either.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you buy something after clicking on a link, I’ll earn a few pennies to help me keep creating posts like this, at no extra cost to you!
So what’s the best gift for a c-section mum?
I did what I always do when in doubt and asked some fellow bloggers who also gave birth the sun roof way. Here’s what they said.
10 best gifts for c-section mums
1. A stretchy baby wrap. ‘It’s perfect for keeping your little one close with no pressure on your scar, and saves you pushing a heavy pram. Baby carrying also gently engages your core helping you to heal faster!’ Vivienne at The Mothers Room.
2. Big pants. ‘The best gift was extra-large knickers! I’m usually a size 12 but size 20-22 were awesome for not touching the scar!!’ Emma at Me and B Make Tea
3. Dry shampoo. ‘You might not be easily able to shower if you’re on your own during the day and definitely no baths for a bit.’ Lauren at Scrapbook Blog
4. A face mask. ‘Because you won’t get in a decent bath for months’. Katy at KatyKicker
5. A thermos flask. ‘Sometimes I just wanted a cup of tea and the thought of having to get up and make it was horrendous. If only I had a flask of ready-made tea complete with cup, it would have been bliss!’ Heidi at Southern Mummy
6. Pillow mist (such a thing does indeed exist!). ‘Someone bought me some pillow mist which was LOVELY!’ Holly at Little Pickle’s Mom
7. A massage. ‘I am a massage therapist myself and I wish I had booked someone like me to come around and pamper me as I felt physically awful and low.’ Ronnie at Dear Babies
8. Company. ‘When you can’t drive for six weeks but are desperate to get out the house, I really appreciated my friends coming over and taking me out places.’ Abi at Something About Baby.
9. A home cooked meal. ‘I had two sections so I’d say any help you could offer, for example a few frozen dinners.’ Laura at The Mamma Fairy.
10. A cleaner. ‘When I had a c-section my mum paid for me to have a cleaner for a couple of weeks – it was the BEST PRESENT EVER!’ Laura at Mum On A Mission
Have you had a c-section and what’s the best gift you received? Or if you’ve bought a present for a friend who’s had a c-section I’d love to hear your ideas!